Hello Confirmation Students!
This semester of Confirmation has ended. Our Spring semester of Confirmation will begin on January 25th! We will be out of the office until the first week of January. We hope you have a great Christmas break!
>>> Confirmation Program Guidelines >>>
Our Confirmation program is a two-year discipleship based program designed to meet each teen where they are at in their catechesis and formation. Our High School group leaders are committed to walking beside each teen and discipling them through their time in the program, challenging them to ask questions, engage in discussion about things they may disagree with or not understand, reflect deeply on where Christ is in their life and develop a faith life rooted in prayer and the Sacraments that will continue to flourish long after Confirmation preparation ends.
> Meeting times:
Confirmation I and II Lesson: Every week students must visit www.rcchouston.org/confirmation-on-demand watch a short video on the material and then answer the questions that follow. The weeks’ lesson will be available from Monday at 9am - Sunday at 12am. Each time they submit a form with their name they will be marked present, if a student does not complete the question form it is considered an unexcused absence.
High School Small Groups: Tuesdays 6:30-7:30pm on zoom, with moving to in person for those who want to meet in person in the future. You can find the link here.
- Students cannot miss more than 3 lessons for the year.
- Any lessons missed must contact the Youth Discipleship office about making it up.
- Students are required to be a part of the High School Small Group.
- Cannot miss more than 3 small groups per year.
- Must participate in the small group to be counted present.
- 20 service hours in order to receive their Confirmation at the end of their second year.
(students responsible for keeping track of their own hours in their notebook)
- Mass attendance every week either in person or virtually.
- Must pass an interview with the Pastor at the end of their 2nd year.
- Must turn in a Saint report and Sponsor form at the end of their 2nd year.
- Sponsor: must be 16 years or older, a practicing Catholic, and cannot be a parent of the student.
- A day retreat required for 2nd year students.
- CONTACT US -